TCP Admission Procedure
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- An earned Grade Point Average of 3.0* required by the PA Department of Education.
- Work and life skills transferable to classroom teaching.
- High potential for success in teaching.
*If transfer GPA is below 3.0, an explanation of an alternative procedure for GPA calculation will be explained at interview.
All application materials must be submitted by the following deadlines
|Spring I, 2022||January 1, 2022|
|Spring II, 2022||March 1, 2022|
|Summer I, 2022||May 1, 2022|
|Summer II, 2022||June 1, 2022|
|Fall I, 2021||August 1, 2021|
|Fall II, 2021||October 1, 2021|
- Submit the following to the TCP Office, not Admissions Office:
- Please complete the TCP application first so we know to expect other materials. Once received, an email from the Education Office will be sent with all appropriate information/requirements and links. Use the "Begin Online Application" link below for the application.
- Application fee of $35 (waived if attend a TCP Information Session).
- Official transcript(s) sent directly to TCP/Education Office by institutions. Can be e-transcripts sent to email@example.com by institutions.
- Up-to-date resume of educational history and work experience.
- 300 to 500-word essay: "Why I Want to Teach."
- Two Statements of Recommendation (use form posted below).
- Copy of required clearances (Act 24, Act 34, Act 151, Act 114/FBI and TB). Must use the links provided for all clearances.
- FLIP candidates must also submit official passing PA state testing results (both the language test either through ACTFL or PRAXIS and the PRAXIS: Fundamental Subjects test) and be employed as a language teacher.
- TOP Out-of-State candidates must be employed as a teacher in the certification they want to earn.
- Personal interview with the TCP Director, which will include a transcript evaluation. Transcript evaluations are not completed until all application materials have been received.
- Applicant will receive a letter of acceptance.
TCP Statement of Recommendation Form (If you download and email, form is a PDF that can be typed into. Can also print and hand to person.)
- Teacher Intern Pathway (TIP)
- TIP Certifications
- Teacher Online Pathway (TOP)
- Teacher Online Pathway (TOP) for Out-of-State
- TOP Certifications
- Foreign Languages Intern Pathway (FLIP)
- Tuition & Fees
- Intern Track
- Adjunct Faculty
- Education in Action
- Future of Education
- Required Clearances
- Education Program Goals
- Student Services