Thank you for your interest in Wilson College for your professional photo shoot. We know that Wilson is a favorite spot for local photographers. For those interested in shooting Wilson’s grounds or landscapes as part of their personal photography, feel free to do so but please be cognizant of the campus community and defer to faculty, staff and student needs when you are shooting.
If you’d like to use Wilson’s campus for a client photo shoot, we ask that you contact the Office of Marketing and Communications three business days in advance to schedule your shoot by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should include the date and time of the shoot, the number of people attending, the campus location(s) and whether or not any props will be part of the session.
Once approved, your shoot will be added to the schedule and campus safety officers will be notified. You will also receive an email confirmation of your shoot. Please bring the email with you to campus and when you arrive on campus, check in with the campus safety office—located in Lenfest Commons—before beginning your shoot.
Please keep in mind that the Wilson College campus and buildings are private property and that the College reserves the right to deny photography requests that conflict with class schedules, campus events and conferences, or obstruct the use of campus pathways. Wilson also reserves the right to restrict access to building exteriors during photo shoots. Photo shoots may not occur inside any Wilson buildings without prior written approval from the Office of Marketing and Communications.
Campus safety officers will approach photographers conducting shoots that are not scheduled. If you are approached by a safety officer, please identify yourself. Photographers who refuse to identify themselves and/or cooperate with the officer will be asked to leave campus.
Please keep the following in mind when conducting a professional shoot at Wilson:
- Buildings—including porches, patios and entryways—should not be used unless you have received written approval in advance from the Office of Marketing and Communications.
- Sidewalks and bridges may not be blocked at any time for any reason.
- Campus signage should not be included in shots.
- The equestrian center—including paddocks, stables, barns and arenas—are off-limits and are not to be used during shoots.
- The Fulton Farm—including barns, pavilions, fields and farmhouse—may not be used without written permission.
- Sharpe House serves as a private residence and its grounds are not to be used as a location for photography.
- The railroad tracks toward the rear of campus are held by a private third party—they are not campus property or borough property—and may not be used in photo shoots.
- All athletic fields may not be used during photo shoots.
• Photographers and their clients should yield the right of way to Wilson students, faculty and staff.
- The College does not use social media to promote professional photography. Please do not tag the College on social media when posting photos from shoots, or “check in” to Wilson College on Facebook before or after shoots.
- If you are approached by campus safety during your shoot, please identify yourself and have your paperwork available.
- Wilson College is a smoke-free campus. Photographers are responsible for ensuring that their clients do not smoke on campus. Wilson’s smoke-free policy includes vaping and electronic cigarettes.
- Photographers should leave campus as they found it. Please dispose of any trash and clean up areas used