“I decided to make a subtle change in my career and Wilson College helped me to achieve that. After teaching at an independent school for seventeen years, I decided to become a Latin teacher in a public school. Wilson College’s FLIP program allowed me to successfully achieve my goals. The Wilson instructors and administrators were helpful throughout the process. I am now happily employed in a local district, teaching and engaging students daily.” -- Travis Kreider ’21, Latin, Camp Hill School District
Foreign Language Intern Pathway (FLIP) PK-12 Certificate Requirements
If candidate is eligible for this program, all course work can be taken online excluding the Intern Practicum.
In order to be eligible for this program the candidate must:
- Have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Hold a PK-12 teaching position in one of the languages below and
- Have already passed the required Pennsylvania state language test (ACTFL or Praxis) and Praxis: Fundamental Subjects test. Both test results should be sent to PA Department of Education (PDE).
- For American Sign Language - need to score a 3 or higher on the American Sign Language Proficiency Interview (ASLPI). Score must then be sent to ETS to be converted to passing Praxis score of 160. Request that ETS sends to PDE.
Upon acceptance into the program, the candidate will be required to apply for a Pennsylvania Intern Certificate through PDE. All questions, should be directed to email@example.com.
For FLIP, we offer PK-12 Pennsylvania Instructional I certification in the following languages: American Sign Language, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Mandarin, Russian, and Spanish.
Education Course Requirements -- for all foreign language Intern certifications
- Required courses graded "C" or above may be transferred from transcripts.
- Additional required courses will include those outdated and/or not previously completed
Pennsylvania certification is reciprocal with most of the 50 states. It is the student's responsibility to investigate the process to transfer PA certification to another state.
Teacher Certification Pathways News
- Teacher Intern Pathway (TIP)
- TIP Certifications
- Teacher Online Pathway (TOP)
- Teacher Online Pathway (TOP) for Out-of-State
- TOP Certifications
- Foreign Languages Intern Pathway (FLIP)
- Tuition & Fees
- Intern Track
- Adjunct Faculty
- Education in Action
- Future of Education
- Required Clearances
- Education Program Goals
- Student Services