Application to the Single Parent Scholar Program (SPS Program) at Wilson is completed after a student has been accepted for general admission to the College.
- Official copy of your high school transcript and/or GED.
- Official copies of college transcripts from all colleges attended (transfers applicants only).
Upon acceptance into the College, admitted students need to complete the SPS Program application, arrange for a personal reference to be submitted, and complete a three-part background check required for all adults living in spaces with minors. Once the required materials are received, an on-campus interview with Assistant Dean of Students/Director of the Single Parent Scholar Program will be required of the applicant. A tour of the campus and SPS residence hall will be arranged during this visit.
Openings in the program are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Once a student is accepted into the program, a $400 non-refundable deposit is required to confirm the student’s intent to enroll and to secure residency in the SPS Program for the upcoming semester.
Two Step Process
Step #1: Students interested in this program must first apply for admission to Wilson College.
- The application for admission is found on the apply page and filed electronically. There is no application fee.
- Applicants who have never been matriculated in any college follow the application instructions for first-year/freshman and must submit all of the documents that are required to complete the application process.
- Applicants with current or previous college experience must follow the application instructions for transfer students.
- When an applicant submits all of the required documents, an admissions decision is made and the student is notified whether or not they have been admitted to the College.
Step #2: Admitted applicants must complete the application for the Single Parent Scholars Program.
- Complete the online Single Parents Scholars Program application. Applicants will be contacted for an interview when the completed SPS application is submitted.
- The SPS Program director contacts the applicant and arranges a time for the applicant to come to campus for an interview. Long distance students may arrange for a virtual interview.
- Following the interview, a decision is made regarding the applicant's entry to the program. The director contacts the student with the decision.
- A student offered entry to the program accepts the offer and secures placement by paying the same $400 enrollment deposit paid by all other students at Wilson College
Recommended Admissions Credentials
- A minimum high school GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale or a minimum transfer GPA of 2.5.
- A combined SAT score of 900 or a combined ACT score of 19 (for students with a cumulative GPA of 2.9 or lower)
- Throughout the admissions process you will receive information about the SPS Program. Please contact your admissions counselor or the program director if you have any questions.