The Master in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) degree is designed for individuals who hold a bachelor’s degree and are currently certified to teach in grades PK-12. The program is based on the premise that successful teachers will need an in-depth knowledge of pedagogy, a mastery of current theory and an understanding of research-based practices and technology to move from being good teachers to becoming great teachers. The main focus of the Wilson program is to hone teaching skills through research and classroom practices, thereby fostering teaching excellence and teacher leadership.
Master in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Program Options
Master in TESOL No Certification - This option is for certified educators who wish to advance their knowledge of TESOL.
Master in TESOL with ESL Certification - This option is for certified educators who wish to gain PA ESL certification in grades PK-12.
ESL Certification only (15 credits) - This option is for certified educators who wish to gain PA ESL certification in grades PK-12.
Wilson Graduate Education Program Advantages
- Online classes provide the option to take the program completely online or select a few face-to-face courses.
- Class sizes are generally small (less than 20 students).
- Easy entry into the program is made possible because there is no specific sequence of courses. You can jump in and out as your schedule permits.
- Graduate on your schedule in 1 ½, 2, 3+ years. (All course work and degree requirements must be completed within six years of taking the first class.)
- No fees, meaning that you pay only course tuition, which school districts generally reimburse.
- Competitive Tuition: Tuition is among the lowest in the region and payment can be deferred until 30 days from the end of each course (additional fee).