The Online Teaching Endorsement prepares candidates to plan, design and deliver instruction in online environments for learners in PK-12. The Endorsement is approved by the PA Department of Education and is available for candidates who hold a valid teaching certificate. Classes can also be taken for professional development for those who do not hold a teaching certification.
The expected increase in the number and type of online courses offered in the K-12 and higher education setting will provide a strong need for professional development in online teaching and course design, pedagogy and skills to provide rigorous, high quality online courses.
All courses are offered 100% online to meet the needs of busy professionals and can be taken in any order. Courses can also be taken as Online Endorsement only or in conjunction with the Wilson Master of Educational Technology (please see https://www.wilson.edu/master-educational-technology )
- Flexibility to meet the demands of a working professional
- Gain knowledge and skills and competencies needed to teach effectively through distance or cyber education
- Create authentic, rigorous and meaningful learning experiences for online learners
- Discover and utilize educational technology and technology resources
- Endorsement can be added to existing PA Instructional Teaching Certificate.
- Candidates seeking PDE Endorsement must hold an active Instructional I or Instructional II certification.
- Technology: Students must have regular access to a computer with current operating system and high speed internet access. Additional peripherals such as headphones, printer, etc. may be required. Students must have access to webcam software and hardware to enable remote classroom observation and learning. Additional course specific software may be required.
Dr. Theresa Hoover
Assistant Director of Graduate Education Programs Associate Professor of Education
1015 Philadelphia Avenue
Chambersburg, PA 17201