Become ISTE certified. This program features graduate level courses that can be taken with the ISTE Certification. ISTE Certification is a competency-based, vendor-neutral teacher certification based on the ISTE Standards for Educators. It recognizes teachers who use education technology to transform learning and improve student outcomes.
Through the ISTE Certification process educators will participate in professional learning based on the ISTE Standards. After completing the training, participants have six months to apply their learning and develop a competency-based portfolio to earn ISTE Certification.
ISTE Certification process
- Register for a training session (certification-only or certification + graduate credit)
- Attend a face-to-face workshop (2 days)(If School districts are not in session due to the CORVID-19 virus class will be totally online)
- Complete online course (9 weeks, 30 hours for certification, 45 hours for certification + graduate credit)
- Prepare and submit and ePortfolio to ISTE for review (6 months) - the educator will be provided access to a certifcation portal where participants can get feedback from their cohort while preparing their portfolio of artifacts and reflections
- Once submitted, the ISTE Certification evaluators will review the artifacts. Those who successfully meet the certification will become ISTE Certified Educators.